Wednesday, October 27, 2010

babies, babies everywhere

A couple of my good friends had babies in the last 24 hours (Congrats, Jordan & Marissa and Russ & Lindsey on your new additions), and I am expecting my fourth niece in just a few weeks.  It seems this is the season of my life where many of my friends and siblings will be having babies.  I'm mostly just excited for them, but part of me it a bit jealous as I have recently felt a growing desire for children. I'm told that is simply biological and that I'm really not crazy.

My husband has pleaded with me to wait a while to make this a priority as there are a few preparations we would both like to make before we begin building our own family, such as finding a stable job for him and paying off student loan debt, which we've kicked butt at by the way! We're making progress there. I know that God's timing is perfect, so whatever preparations he allows us the patience and time to make before children enter our lives (if He decides to bless us with them), will be the ones that He thought were needed.

In the meantime, I can enjoy playing with other people's children while striving to be a good friend, aunt and most importantly, a good wife!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment