Saturday, October 16, 2010

Enchiladas at the Carters

I've had a fun couple of days. We got to entertain Nick and Dara Bacon last night. They are a couple of my favorite people. It's always a treat to hang out with them. We made enchiladas, which are now one of my favorite dishes. Thank you, Chris for teaching me your culture. He always jokes that I married him because I love Mexican food. It's not true. It's just an added bonus.

Anyway, back to Nick and Dara. This is the couple that introduced Chris and I. Dara and I were roommates. Nick and Chris were roommates. Nick and Dara got married. Chris and I started hanging out, and the rest is history. It's nice to have that connection. I think we'll stay close with them for a long time as a result. They just recently moved to Nashville from Tuscaloosa, AL. Nick is working as an assistant professor at Belmont. We got to meet their new puppy, an airedale terrier named Watson. He's pretty sweet. It kind of made me want a puppy. They say it's good to get one before you have kids. I guess it's good practice for taking care of something.  Oh well...it's something to think about. I just wish they weren't so expensive...and so much work....hummm...maybe this is should be telling me something.

No comments:

Post a Comment