Friday, November 19, 2010

meeting Lola

Even though I had hoped my newest niece would arrive on my birthday, she decided that she wasn't quite ready on the 13th, and was born just three days later on the 16th. That's okay, we can still celebrate together, and I since it's near my birthday, I don't think I will ever have any trouble remembering her's.

She was born early Tuesday morning. Chris and I couldn't stand waiting until the weekend to see her, so we drove to Evansville Tuesday night after work.  My other sister got to drive in that night as well. After visiting for just an hour and a half, we jumped back in the car and drove back to Bowling Green to make it home just in time to get a decent night's sleep.

Jamie looked like she had just gone on a walk in the park, nothing like she just had a baby. She's just beautiful. Like mother, like daughter Lola Claire is a gorgeous baby.  She has big eyes, chubby, rose-colored cheeks and a full head of very dark hair. I can't wait to spoil her with attention! All I kept thinking was how much my mother would have loved her! I don't know when I will get to see them again, but it needs to be soon! Here are some photos I took while we were at the hospital.

By the way, the visit didn't help at all with my baby fever, but I suppose there's no getting around that at this point.










3 comments:

  1. She's beautiful! And your other nieces are getting so big.

    Please don't leave Chris alone with the baby. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep that in mind! Chris is pretty hilarious with babies. He mainly just ignores them while he's holding them and continues his conversations with adults in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is very cute! I'm happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete