Sunday, November 7, 2010

nice relaxing weekend

We had a nice relaxing weekend.   Even though it was his birthday, Chris insisted that I take some time after our lazy Saturday morning to use the nail salon gift certificate that he had given to me as an anniversary gift. I just hadn't had the chance to use it.  I got a manicure and a pedicure. It was amazing!
Thought I'd take a picture since the lady who did my manicure said, "It won't last long. French manicure never lasts long on real nails."

Later on, Chris' dad and stepmother surprised him for his birthday by showing up at Samurai Japanese Restaurant. Chris was playing jazz there with Lopez as he often does weekend nights. It's actually a really good gig.  He gets paid for doing something he loves to do.  It was a surprise for him, but I had known about them coming since Wednesday.  We enjoyed dinner and then came back to the apartment for cheesecake, which turned out to be really good even though, as usual, the top edges of my cheesecake fell apart. I must not do a great job of "loosening the edges."  Oh well...he said it made a perfect birthday! 

Today our church, Burton Memorial celebrated the 160th Anniversary Homecoming. There were a lot of visitors, past members that attended. We had a potluck after church and then a concert of worship songs after.  It was a lot of fun to praise God with a larger group of people. It was nice to see friends that I hadn't seen in a while. There were also many visitors I had never met before.

No comments:

Post a Comment