Thursday, January 6, 2011

Asheville Vacation

Two days after Christmas my husband and I packed up for a trip to North Carolina. We visited there after a big snow storm, so we saw lots of beautiful white mountains!  We stayed at a cute Bed & Breakfast, and enjoyed our time off. I had never stayed at a B&B before, but I must say, I liked it.  I don't know if I would choose that type of lodging for every vacation because you give up a little privacy and time, but I would certainly do it again. 

While in Asheville we explored downtown, the Biltmore Estate including the house, winery, farm and shops. We spent the better part of two days at the Biltmore, but we also saw the North Carolina Arboretum, Asheville Art Museum, Colburn Earth Science Museum, Biltmore Village and Biltmore Town Square Park. It was a full four days!

The Biltmore was still decorated for Christmas. It was huge and beautiful! I can't believe that it was built for ONE family. I wish they would let you take photos inside, but they don't want anyone trying to recreate this masterpiece.  

Asheville is kind of a hippie town, but it's fun. I would definitely visit there again. We played a game called "count the Subarus", but shortly after we started playing, we realized we had no right to play it since there were almost as may Jettas driving around.

 Getting into North Carolina. The traffic got bad shortly after taking this due to the snow that covered one lane of I-40.

 Claw foot tub:)  The reason I chose the room! I know. I'm silly.

 The Biltmore House

 In front of the Biltmore.

 Can you see me in this photo? Chris backed far away to try to capture the huge house in the photo.

This city knows their wine.  I still have some Christmas At Biltmore that hasn't been opened in the fridge. I thought I might bust it out on New Year's Eve, but I conked out early that night.

This was at French Broad Chocolates. They had half off bottles of wine and live music on Wednesday night, so we went. They were slammed. People love hot chocolate and wine.


Hiking in the North Carolina Arboretum

 My favorite picture of Chris the weatherman.

  Yummy dinner at Mellow Mushroom.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you both had a great time. And my son is such a ham!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh we did! I love my Chris even when he's a ham!

    ReplyDelete