Saturday, March 5, 2011

lazy saturday mornings

Pretty much every Saturday morning for the last two and a half years has meant sleeping in and a delicious breakfast of eggs and coffee. Usually before I ever wake up Chris puts in his iPod, gets up and reads the news online. Then, he comes back to bed with me, and when he can finally drag me out of bed, he makes breakfast. I make the coffee. Saturday is the only day of the week that we feel like we have time to sit and have a relaxing breakfast together.  If we were disciplined enough to get up earlier during the week or on Sunday mornings before church, we could do this more often, but those of you who know me very well know that sleep usually wins. Plus, there is something nice about enjoying breakfast together without having to be anywhere at any certain time.

That's not to say that today will be a totally lazy day. We have lots of work ahead. Saturday is usually the day we catch up on cleaning the apartment, laundry, going after groceries, etc. Today we are also taking my car in to have it serviced, preparing and filing our taxes and having my ring inspected so that the warranty is up to date. It sounds like a lot of boring errands, and for the most part it is, but at least I get to run these boring errands with the person I love.




1 comment: