Saturday, July 16, 2011

updates

1.)The tomato and basil garden is blooming very well. We are running over with basil, and we already have some red maters ready to be picked!



2.)Chris is still looking for full-time employment, but plans to sub for Warren County Schools again once school starts if he doesn't find anything else before then.  He's currently stocking/cashiering part-time at Save-A-Lot thanks to the manager who goes to our church. I am glad he has something to do this summer and that he's able to work a little.

3.)Penelope is growing and growing. I took her to the vet for the last of her puppy shots on Tuesday. She weighed in at 7.1 pounds! She's still not housebroken.  We're working really hard with her on it, and it seems that if we constantly watch her and take her out every one to two hours, she has very few accidents inside.  I'd say when we're diligent about taking her out, her accidents aren't accidents. They are punishment for us not paying enough attention. Meaning not giving her constant attention. I am trying to break her of being so needy for attention.

4.)Last weekend I got to hang out with lots of friends from Bowling Green and Louisville. The get-together  reminded me so much of my college days. My friend's grandparents let us use their rather large farmhouse in Cane Valley, KY.  We got to hang out, play cards, swim in the lake, eat too much and shoot bb guns.  I had a good time, but it was bittersweet since I know it's probably one of the last times I will get to see Joanna before she leaves for Africa for two years.  I'm really going to miss her. After all, she is one of my best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment