Tuesday, October 18, 2011

new guitar

A couple of months ago Chris bought new solid wood guitar. It's a Martin, which I am told is a big deal. He says it's the nicest instrument he's ever owned.

For what reason did he buy a brand new, solid wood, and yes, moderately expensive guitar? The answer is- because of me and my big mouth. Two years ago he was complaining about not owning a "real guitar." He was joking about buying one and would always add it to his wishlist for Christmas, birthdays, etc. The problem was even though I wanted to, I didn't have the $1,000+ to buy him one out of my allowance. That's like two years worth of allowances... So I told him that if he got a permanent full-time job, teacher level or higher, we could afford to spare the $1,000 and he could buy himself something nice. It was a one time deal, an incentive for trying really hard to find more suitable employment (he was either at Rivendell or substitute teaching at the time) and for making use of that Master's degree in Teaching that cost us so much money to get.

Well....he did it! In August he began teaching full-time again, and it was time for me to put my money where my mouth was! Even though it hurt the pocketbook a little, I am proud of him, and I am glad he was able to get something nice that he has always wanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment