Wednesday, February 22, 2012

baby step 3 - check

This week we finished saving a full-blown emergency fund, so that means baby step 3 in Dave's 7 Baby Steps Plan is done and done! We can check that sucker off of the to-do list! Woo! Hoo!

I just hope we don't have to use any of it any time really soon to buy a new car, but if mine dies on me for some reason, at least we know it's there. My car has done really well since they fixed the switch on it in early January, so I am still keeping my fingers crossed that it was the underlying starting problem that I was having. So far, so good.

We'll keep on saving as we were for a newer car for me. Hopefully in 6-8 months, we will have enough money saved to pay cash for a newer car. Then, we will start saving for our 20% down payment for a house. I'm going to guess that will take about 18-20 months from the time we start. Geez! Saving money so that we can spend responsibly takes forever! Dave Ramsey, this better be worth it one day! I guess we're following the the motto: Live like no one else, so that later you can live like no one else.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool, well done. I am at the same place you are and working towards saving for a newer used car. I love my 91 volvo wagon and hoping it will last until we have $ saved up for a truck. This does take time and I get impatient but it is amazing just thinking about how far you have come through all the baby steps. - Janie

    ReplyDelete