Friday, June 29, 2012

newer car!

SO it's been MONTHS since my last post. What can I say? Work got really busy for a while there, and I had lots of things on my mind. Things are good in the Carter household. We are happy and healthy for the most part!

One exciting thing that happened in the month of June was that we made the biggest purchase of our lives so far. We finally bought a newer car! Yep. Dave Ramsey would have shook his finger at us. We shouldn't have bought one until August. That's when we planned to have every dollar saved for it, but in April when my old Camry broken down and needed costly repairs again, I had reached my limit. At that point, I started looking, not just for research on what car I wanted, but to buy! Thankfully, we were able to pay cash. Dave would have been proud of that decision, but now we have to get that emergency fund back to fully funded. Baby Step 3, here we go again! This should be accomplished in about three months. I figured at the rate we were going with car repairs, we probably would have lost money over the next three months had we kept the old car. It had done it's job. It was over 234,000 miles!

We got a great deal from a guy in Trenton, KY trying to get rid of his 2005 Camry LE with a little over 75,000 miles on it. He was expecting twins and had one child in a car seat already. He had only had the car about four or so months before they realized they were having twins and needed something bigger that could hold three car seats. He had it listed on Craigslist. Perfect! That's the exact car I wanted! It's just like my 1993 Camry, just 12 years newer! We bought it on a Monday. Got my old car ready to sell on a Thursday. We listed it on Craigslist that night, and we sold it to someone Friday afternoon! It went very fast. We are so thankful that was a smooth process. I think everyone got a good deal. What a blessing it is to not have to wonder whether or not my car will start each day. God is good!






1 comment: