Friday, November 30, 2012

birthdays

Chris and I both turned a year older in November. It's so weird to say that Chris is now 31 and I am 28! Wow! We're getting on up there!

I made Chris his birthday cheesecake. Thanks to some cheesecake advice from Lori, Chris' stepmother, it was the first pretty cheesecake that I've ever made! Usually mine tastes pretty good, but it cracks and breaks across the top and on the edges. This time it was nearly perfect. Too bad I didn't get a picture of it this time! Bummer! During Thanksgiving last year, I remember her saying that she read about a tip that worked for her. The tip was baking it with a pan of water in the oven too. I think it might be called a water bath or something like that. I looked it up, and my springform pan didn't fit within any of my other pans, so I just put a pan of water on the rack underneath. It still had the same effect, and I think that may have been what Lori said to to anyway. I also stopped cooking it before it got too toasty on top and left it in the oven for another 45 minutes or so. I read about how it's not supposed to be totally set in the middle. Usually when I pull mine out it's already browning on top. Apparently, that's overcooked for cheesecake! I go by the Philadelphia Classic Cheesecake recipe when making a regular cheesecake for anyone who's interested.

Chris wanted to have dinner with the Bailey's at Taste of Europe for his birthday. We also invited his family from E-town, but with it being a weeknight and an hour drive, we didn't expect them to show up. They were busy and told us they couldn't come, but his dad did get away from work for a few minutes and surprised us. He was there long enough to finish his drink, take some food to-go and give us both hugs before being called back in to work. He was on-call and hoping to luck out with no work calls, but unfortunately, he got called on his way down to Bowling Green. What a sweet father to at least try!

I requested a quiet evening for my birthday. I was 12 weeks pregnant and really just wanted to sleep! Chris and I went out for Olive Garden, and I had my favorite dish there, Chicken Alfredo Pizza! Yum! Chris also made me a German chocolate cake, which my co-workers were happy to finish off when I took it in to work later that week! I also got to take a bubble bath, which is pretty much all I asked for on my birthday!

Cheers to getting old!

My birthday cake!

Pretty new boots I got from Chris. Not cute with the pants I was wearing, but I had to try them on immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment