Tuesday, January 8, 2013

20 weeks down, 20 more to go

I guess this baby is about halfway done baking now. I can't believe I am already 20 weeks! This pregnancy has flown by and dragged on all at the same time. I am so very excited that we're going to be parents in less than five months now. That just seems crazy to me!

The part that is dragging by is all the waiting. I guess if you aren't waiting for one thing, you're waiting for something else. I know at the end, I'll just be waiting to hold the baby in my arms safe and sound. Right now I am waiting for this mid-pregnancy ultrasound. It's scheduled in two more weeks. I am excited to see what he or she is looking like and hear about how he or she is doing in there. I am praying for a good report. I am hoping everything with the baby is healthy and developing normally.

I know the Lord is in control, and I shouldn't worry. I think I've been better about not worrying about everything so much. It helps that I can feel the baby moving around now, but I still find myself worrying sometimes. I know, I know...it doesn't do any good to worry. I have had about a million people tell me that in my life. I know that anxiety is a sin that I've struggled with for years, but I am doing my best to surrender that to the Lord. He knows the plan already, and I don't need to worry about it.

I am also oh so excited to learn the gender! Just two more weeks, and we should be able to find out if we are having a son or daughter. Let's hope he or she cooperates for the camera! We're trying to save money by not scheduling a non-medical ultrasound. If we had wanted to pay for that we could have found out the gender five weeks ago! If they can't tell during my medical ultrasound, I will be very tempted to go pay for one!

Keep praying for us! We've got a lot of preparations to make for this little one!

Don't look at my chapped, red face. I've been blowing my nose all week trying to shake a nasty cold!



No comments:

Post a Comment