Tuesday, April 23, 2013

35 weeks and tired

Man! I am normally a pretty tired person, but I have never in my life been this tired before. I am praying I get some energy back soon! I haven't been sleeping all that well, but it's not like I don't sleep at all. I have been sleeping most of the night. I guess it's just preparing me for when the baby gets here. I can't believe I am nearing just a month until she should be here! Five weeks to go until my due date. I really hope she gets here at that time.

I had a doctor's appointment on Monday. I was measuring right on track at 35 cm. That's the first time I've measured exactly on track as far as size. I guess drinking more water might have helped bring the fluid back up. My weight jumped up 3.6 pounds in just a week. Yikes. Maybe that was a mistake. Or, perhaps that makes up for my two tenths of a pound weight gain over the two weeks prior. I am up 26.9 pounds total. That short lived goal of only gaining 30 pounds is slipping away, but if I don't have too many more 3.6 pound weeks, I may be able to finish under 35 pounds. We'll see! I can't remember my blood pressure exactly. For some reason I am thinking it was 100/74. I don't know, but I know the nurse said it was normal. The baby's heart rate was 150. 

Now that I am past 34 weeks, the doctor is seeing me every week plus or minus a couple of days. He is also asking me a lot about if I am feeling any braxton hicks contractions (or tightening as he calls it) or pain. So far I've only had tightening, no real pain. I also had my group B strep test. I guess if it comes back positive, it's no big deal, they just make sure those mothers are on antibiotics during labor and delivery. He's also going to be checking me each week. I was 1 cm dilated. The baby is head down, so let's hope she stays that way. He said that's not too bad for being one day shy of 35 weeks. I guess that's a baseline for him to see if I am progressing each week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment