Monday, May 6, 2013

36 weeks...so close, yet so far!

I passed the 36th week mark last Tuesday. It's getting close now. Chris and I are excited. We're also bickering more than usual. He's trying to finish up teaching for the school year. Only two weeks of school left this year! Woo Hoo! I am trying to work on Bridgette's room, which is the room he's still using as his home office, and it's driving him a bit crazy that I keep messing up his room! We're driving each other a bit crazy, but I guess that's just how it goes sometimes in marriage. We're both about do to something that's really pretty stressful, become parents.

I went to the doctor on Thursday for my check up. Bridgette's heart rate was 141, so she was pretty relaxed. My weight dropped down by .6 pounds, so I am up 26.3 total so far. That's better than being up another 3.5 pounds in a week! My blood pressure was 120/80. That was up a little for me. I was measuring right on track at 36 cm.  Unfortunately, I will have to be on IV antibiotics during labor and delivery to protect the baby from group B strep. The doctor checked me, but he said there was no progress, which likely means I will not be having this baby for a little while. That report from last week, "you're almost at one. I am going to call it a one," must have been wishful thinking. This time he said it wasn't even close to a one! Oh well. That's okay at 36 weeks, I guess. He said he could feel the top of her head. She's still head down, but that she hadn't dropped at all. She was still "way up there," so until she decides to drop down, there probably won't be much else happening!

I guess we will continue to hurry up and wait! Chris has a work baby shower with two other teachers that are having babies this summer tomorrow after school. That's our last baby shower, so we've decided that after that, we can buy the stuff we still need for her with the cash and gift cards we've received. Hopefully we'll be able to continue to organize and get things in order over the next couple of weeks. Her dresser should arrive this week, which will help a lot! We've been trying to get that piece of furniture for a month already, but there was an order mix up that required us to cancel and reorder. We're moving along slowly.

Last Tuesday at 36 weeks!

This is what Bridgette's room looked like last week before I started taking things out of gift bags, a complete disaster. It doesn't look much better now, but it will get there eventually!

1 comment:

  1. I see Penelope's little head in the corner of that bottom pic -- looks like she's not sure what to think of all that baby stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete