Thursday, November 18, 2010

happy birthday to me

Saturday, November 13, I turned 26.  That's right, 26.  I truly feel like that is an adult age.  I am now closer to my 30th birthday than my 20th, which feels a little weird.  Luckily, the people I am around most of the time at work and home (Chris) are older than I am. They all keep telling me that I am still young, so I guess I can live with that!

On my birthday, Chris took me on a surprise trip to celebrate with my family in Henderson.  He made sure to include a meal at my favorite fast food restaurant, Taco Johns.  He said that I always complain that we never get to eat there because every time we're in town it's to have dinner with my parents at their home or go to a wedding.  This is true, so it's a rare occasion that I get to eat there since the closest Taco Johns to Bowling Green is in Henderson. It was funny to drive all the way to Henderson for Taco Johns, but it was also very thoughtful of him plan that out.

It was a great birthday. I got to see my parents, sister and brother-in-law (only a couple of days before they had her baby), niece and my two younger brothers that still live at home.

My dad took this photo of me before we sliced into the ice cream cake. The quality of the photo is horrible, but it's the only one taken that day.  The cake was very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment