Thursday, April 21, 2011

thank you, Clarksville!

This past weekend Chris and I went to see my nieces perform in the Rivers & Spires Youth Talent Show.  Kids ages 3-18 were able to compete in the show. Out of 1,100 auditions, only 20 acts were selected to compete. Emberly and Charis were the youngest performers. They sang When You Say Nothing at All.

The song doesn't really make sense for two little girls to sing, but they sure were cute. I think they learned it when Melay, Jamie and I were practicing for Austin and Sarah's wedding last summer. 

Chris and I went to Clarksville, Tennessee last Friday to see them perform. The girls were all dressed up and ready to sing, but about a quarter of the way into the show it started sprinkling. The sprinkling turned to rain, and the rain turned into pouring rain. Needless to say, the remainder of the talent show was postponed until the next evening. Chris and I stayed the night at their house, but we weren't able to stay until the next night's show.

I took a video of them practicing on Saturday morning. This was their private performance for us since we weren't going to get to see them in the show.


No comments:

Post a Comment