Wednesday, November 23, 2011

thanksgiving and a birthday

Last weekend we went back to my neck of the woods to celebrate my niece's 1st birthday. That's right, Miss Lola Claire is one year old as of November 16. Since Jamie and Kenny had planned a Saturday party, my dad and stepmother decided to go ahead and have a Thanksgiving celebration the same weekend. After all, everyone had planned to come for the party.



Celebrating Thanksgiving with my family on Sunday worked out great for us. We'll get to go see Chris' family tonight, and we'll make the drive to see Chris stepmother's family tomorrow. We'll come back late tomorrow. On Friday afternoon/evening Chris' mom and stepdad are coming through Kentucky to see us on the way home from visiting some family in Georgia. They'll stay the night with us and leave sometime on Saturday. We haven't seen them in a really long time, so it will be good to get to visit even for a short time. Whew! I am glad we both get a 5 day weekend! It will be packed!

I have lots to be thankful for! Counting my blessings...Christ, a place to live, food on the table, family, friends, loving hubby, smelly dog, jobs that pay us a decently fair salary, cars that work most of the time, coffee that helps me get going in the mornings, snacks, music...

No comments:

Post a Comment