Tuesday, February 22, 2011

fiesta at the Carter's

We had our fiesta with my family this weekend at our place. I had a good time, but being the crazy-running-around-like-a-chicken-with-my-head-cut-off hostess that I am, I didn't take time to take any pictures.  Instead I was running around making sure everyone had a place to put the food that they brought and asking people if they needed something to drink.  It was fun. We all prepared way too much food and, therefore were forced to eat way too much food. We somehow crammed 14 people into a 950 square foot apartment! It was tight! I was glad to have the experience of hosting my entire family excluding Jared and Curtis who both had to work on Saturday.  I wish everyone could have stayed longer. I didn't feel like I had time to catch up with everyone, but perhaps that's just how it goes when you're running the show. I did get to enjoy teaching the kids how to play UNO and hold my baby niece.

We toyed with the idea of making it a competition potluck like we did with the chili cook-off back in October, but it didn't happen. I think that it would have been hard to judge this one since everyone made different Mexican dishes. Austin and Sarah were volunteered to host the next family gathering at their new house, which I am excited to see! I can't wait to visit with everyone again soon!

Below are a few pictures that Leigh Ann captured with her iPhone. Can you tell Lola really enjoyed the fiesta?







No comments:

Post a Comment